Chewy Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies a la Kam


How do you like your cookie? Do you like it crunchy on the outside yet chewy on the inside? Or did you prefer it crunchy all the way? I like mine chewy all the way! This does not only lessen the occurrence of crumbs (which I hate because, in case I haven't mentioned yet, I am a major neat freak) but also because I like it tasting like it just came out from the oven.

Here's a quick cookie recipe I like to do when I crave for something sweet and comforting :)

What you need:
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 cup Crisco Shortening (added 1 tbsp. water to this)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips

How it's done:
Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 320 degress F.

Sift flour, baking soda and salt and then set aside.
Using the paddle attachment on your mixer, cream shortening, white sugar and brown sugar.
Add in egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
Mix in the sifted dry ingredients.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Form dough into 1.5" balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
Let cool on rack for few minutes.

Kam's Tips:
- I am planning on doing a Macadamia and White Chocolate version! Instead of 2 cups of chocolate chip, make that 1 cup white chocolate chip and 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts :) (Ohh yummy!)
- Everyone loves the smell of baking cookies! If you are expecting guests and want your place to smell amazing, make a batch!

Comments