Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting

Pardon the redundant flavor combinations. I know I have blogged about bananas and Nutella before, but I just had to figure out something to make use of the big jar of Nutella that I bought. I used my mother-in-law's epic banana cake recipe and found a great Nutella frosting online here.

My cousins and I have been dreaming of opening a cupcake shop in San Diego, right after that Sprinkles-lady got so rich opening her Cupcake shop in LA. This is a good start, since it turned out GREAT! My next challenge: adding more Asian flavors in my cupcakes. Stay tuned!

What you need:
1 cup Unsalted Butter
3 cups Sugar

4 eggs
2 cups Mashed bananas
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
4 cups All Purpose Flour
4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 cup Milk

Preheat oven 350 degrees F.

Cream butter and sugar using paddle attachment or a dough blender.
Add the eggs, one at a time, then add the mashed bananas and vanilla extract.

Combine all dry ingredients and then add to batter, alternately with 1 cup of milk, ending with the flour mixture.

Pour batter over muffin cups, around 2/3's full.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until risen or toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool before piping in Nutella Frosting.

Kam's Tips:
  • When baking, make sure all ingredients are room temperature.
  • Add extras: You may add around 1/3 cup of walnuts or semi-sweet chocolate chips to this recipe.
Kitchen Gadgets used:

Comments

  1. A cupcake store run by a family with high blood sugar has got to be great! And this recipe looks so simple yet tasty!! I love your blog Ate! :) -Honey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Blog Kamille!! keep on blogging!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I use 2 cups of sugar instead of 3 cups....for the diabetics....will the taste be the same?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reich! Link ko din blog mo :)
    Inay, Splenda gagamitin ko for you, or pwede ka isang kagat :b

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got lazy... pero may nasimulan na kong ganto dati....

    http://jornix.blogspot.com/

    isama mo na lang dito!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment