Pumpkin Cupcakes

I'm not a big fan of pumpkin, but I wanted to give Martha Stewart's recipe a chance because I felt like I needed to make a pumpkin dish for Thanksgiving. I made cream cheese frosting with it (because everything seems to taste better when you add some cream cheese). I did remove some of the spices though, just 'coz I prefer a cleaner taste. 

And the outcome? Yummy, very moist and not too sweet cupcakes with a hint of spice, paired perfectly with cream cheese frosting! Here it is:

What you need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger

1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 can pumpkin puree

How it's done:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinammon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice in a medium bowl. Set aside.

Whisk eggs, brown sugar, white sugar and butter. Add dry ingredients.
Whisk together until smooth. Fold in pumpkin puree.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.


Cream Cheese Frosting

I package (8 oz) Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Butter, softened
1 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix cream cheese and butter.
Add in vanilla.
Gradually add confectioner's sugar.

Pipe in cream cheese frosting. Top cupcakes with chopped pecans or chocolate chips.

Kam's Tips:
- Use room temp butter and cream cheese for the frosting.
- I downloaded cupcake holder templates from the internet to make 'em prettier :)

Gadgets Used:
- 12-cup muffin pan
- Wilton Tip 1M and a
- Disposable decorating bag for piping my frosting.

Comments