Salt and Pepper Chicken Breast

I am not a fan of chicken wings, but I love how Chinese restaurants prepare their salt and pepper chicken wings. So I decided to try it out using my favorite chicken part - the breast!

Ok, I like breast not coz I am trying to be healthy, but because I love white meat. Some people think I am crazy for not eating the skin or the thigh and they always tell me the breast part never has any flavor on it. Well for this recipe they are wrong! The chicken turned out to be very flavorful and very Chinese-restaurant-like.

What you need:
3 large chicken breast cut to smaller pieces
Season that with salt, pepper
a dash of lime juice and
a dash of Chinese cooking wine
Batter:
one egg, beaten
flour, around 1 cup seasoned with
a pinch of garlic powder

The finishing touch:
1 tbsp. Sesame oil
1 tbsp. Vegetable oil
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
Red Pepper Flakes, depending on how spicy you want it
3 stalks green onion, chopped

You can use Panko Japanese bread crumbs instead of flour for a crispier chicken, but since I am running low on that, I went for the flour mixture.

Heat up a deep fryer (I don't have one so I just used a deep pan). Dip your chicken in egg first then on the flour and then fry them until they are golden brown. Set them aside.

After all is done, heat up a wok, add the sesame oil and vegetable oil. Brown the garlic, then add the red pepper flakes and the green onions. (Ohhh this should smell so good) Add your chicken and toss it with the garlic mixture.

Serve with white rice or some noodles and then bam! Dinner is served!

Comments

  1. this looks easy, plus i like salt and pepper dishes from chinese restos. and i also like chicken breast! :)

    found your site via inadvertently domesticated.

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Great to hear that I'm not the only one who likes the breast part.
    Thanks for visiting. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment